Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Sky Is Falling

Some days it just feels like time flies. Some days I forget to even think about anything other than myself. Some days I make choices without even thinking. Some days I don't have any desire to do anything. Some days I feel fake.
But sometimes,
everything seems to go perfectly.
Some days I feel incredibly loved. Some days with joyful tears in my eyes I feel His grace covering me like never before. Some days I want nothing more than to let people know about Jesus. Some days life has never been better. My days vary all over the board from week to week. Some months have more good days than bad days, some months have more bad days then good days. But I've found that this is not what really matters most. 
Psalm 39: 4-5
"Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. 
You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before You. Each man's life is but a breath."
What does matter is that I recognize 2 very important things. Those being that in the span of time my life is but a blink of an eye; and that I am on earth for a serious purpose. 
I can then wake up every day with an urgency to live with all I've got like it's my last day on earth.
Urgency inspires purpose, so when you realize your not here long you live with all you've got.
"Like you believe in eternity." - Francis Chan
To live life to the full is to live it with all your heart beating fastest for Jesus right now.
Ecclesiastes 11:7-10 "Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all. But let him remember the days of darkness, for they will be many. Everything to come is meaningless. Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment. So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless."

No comments: