Thursday, February 5, 2009

my own Psalm

The "hard stuff" for me lately has been dealing with myself. It's been the fact that I know You, I've felt You, I've heard You, I've seen You, I've experienced You in so many ways, yet I still continue to make choices that keep me from You, and I hate it. I know that my wholeness is dependent on giving all of myself to You. I've tasted and tried lesser things and I know that You 've made my desires and so they can only find their full satisfaction in You and still, I choose Your opposite.
But! You are ever still on my heels waiting for me to come back to You. You are endlessly pursing me all the time no matter what. Your grace is enough and when else fails, and when I've got nothing left to give, You are still there, with the same hope, the same love, and the same grace because You are perfectly faithful even when I'm not and when I'm sick of myself, when life sucks and I keep screwing up, You still give me all of Yourself, over and over and over and over.
This is why I praise You! This is why I keep striving to be like You, this is why I'll never give up, because You never have, and You never will. You are my God, the same yesterday, today, and forever, my sure Rock, the ever growing foundation on which I live!

Lamentations 3:22-23
"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Great psalm my friend. I've been debating posting mine but haven't. I'm not sure what is stopping me.