Friday, February 6, 2009

Inspiration

With all the distraction these days coming at us from every direction, as I'm sure you can relate with me, it is so easy to forget the standard of living we're called to, it's easy to forget Who's we are. Sometimes it's hard to make the right decisions. Sometimes we want to do good but instead we do bad. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in just "doing" life every day. It's easier living like that really.
So I've become aware to the fact that I need constant inspiration.
Inspiration: The drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation...a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
I need as many reminders, as many signs in the road, as many things in my day/week as possible to keep turning me back to Him and His goodness so that I can be convinced over and over that He is my true satisfaction and abundant life-giver, and that there is nothing better than Him. So that when I come to the fork in the road like most days where I will make the either life or death decision, my selfishness or His will, I will have then a fresh example of His goodness that is so much better than the meaningless things I could chose over Him, and I will then have strength to choose Christ.
Are you setting yourself up for success? Are you purposely placing things in your path that will inspire you to choose Him over and over? I know I need to.
I also need you to, and you need me to!
Here I think are my top 3 to make sure I've got in a week. People, Places, and time by myself.

Hebrews3:13 "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."
I am inspired by the people I choose to surround myself with.

Hebrews 10:23-25 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." (check this verse out in the Message too)
I am inspired when I go to church.

Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."
I am inspired when I read my Bible.

We all need constant inspiration to keep our minds fixed on Him so that we can keep making choices that move our steps in His direction. So what inspires you? And what are you doing to make sure that you are continually meeting up with it, keeping mind that we are inspired not only for ourselves.

No comments: