Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today's Prayer

Lord I ask that You would pursure past all my selfishness and convince my desires once again that they can only find their satisfaction in You. I long to experience Your goodness today. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on me a sinner. Give me strength against tempation today. I let go of this life that I might truly live. I lessen the grip on my things knowing that everything is Yours, given to me to steward and that I've been blessed to be a blessing. I surrender everything I think I need to what You know I need. Give me a one track mind, wholly focused on You. May Your voice be louder than all the others! Open my eyes to Your grace all around. Grant me purpose and passion and strength for action, with wisdom and grace as I seek Your face. Turn my eyes from the worthless things of this world and give me life through Your word, and may more and more of my breaths and heart beats as I live, be for the advancement of Your kingdom. Forever Yours is kingdom, the power, the glory and the honor.

"Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave." Psalm 86:11-13