Thursday, November 13, 2008

leaf pickup and ellsworth

Today I was raking and blowing with a leaf blower leaves at one of the regular customers houses just like a normal fall afternoon. I was all buttoned up, hood on and sleeves pulled down past my hand to keep the paws warm. Then all of a sudden! I heard steps on the lawn behind me and tap tap tap on my shoulder went some fingers. I turned around and who might it be? oh it was Brandon Ellsworth! One of my electric guitar players for GSM had been riding on the bus I saw pass seconds before. I guess he saw me out his window and yelled at the bus driver "Hey Let me off here!"
It took me by surprise to see him and so I asked him what he was doing there. he said "I saw you rakin leaves and had to get off" I was like "dude you live miles from here ha ha what are you doing!?"
Brandon and I then chatted for a small bit then he called his mom and slowly but surely explained where he was. Brandon told me when he told his mom where he was that she said "Youre reading your bible where? You have a dentist appointment, you can't read it at home?" ha ha then he explained that He got off the bus to see Seth Bible, not read his bible.
Anyways, leaf pickup just plain sucks. No better way to put it. I don't mind and actually like mowing, but picking up leaves just bites, epsecially today when they were wet and heavy and no working mower to just suck em up. So Brandon was a pick up for sure. It was good to see him. He's a pretty cool kid actually and a great guitar player. I'm very blessed to have him on the team.

Oh and Jeff Myers is back from vacation...that makes me quite happy...love to you jeffrey

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

That is an awesome story. That is just like Brandon too. I'll just get of the bus here...I love our team. Thanks for letting me a part of it.