Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Find Rest, O My Soul

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him." - Psalm 62:5

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:29:31

"This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." - Jeremiah 6:16

"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David." - Isaiah 55:1-3

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you. - Psalm 33:22

"O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble." - Isaiah 33:2

"For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite." - Isaiah 57:15

"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you." - Psalm 116:7

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

"May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word." - Psalm 119:74

"But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at My word." - Isaiah 66:2

"I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—the LORD of hosts is his name. And I have put my words in your mouth and covered you in the shadow of my hand, establishing the heavens and laying the foundations of the earth, and saying to Zion, 'You are my people.'" - Isaiah 51:15-16

"For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel,"In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength." - Isaiah 30:15

"Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice blessed are all those who wait for him." - Isaiah 30:18

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." - Isaiah 26:3

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." - Psalm 62:1



Hillsong's - "Rest In You"

1 comment:

Lando864 said...

Although this may seem a little strange, I was away from my bible and needed a reference to a particular verse I knew, I just couldn't remember the coordinates. So, after some googling, I stumbled upon your blog, which started with the verse I was looking for. We don't know each other, but I think you should be encouraged that God strives for us to be more, in Him, and that our souls can rest in the fact that God is the only way we can be more than ourselves. Thanks for helping me with the scripture reference, and I hope God continues to grow you each day.