Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Books I'm Reading

Freedom of Simplicity - Richard Foster - a book with power that if put into practice will wreck your life.

Walking With God - John Eldredge - a book on talking to God and actually hearing from Him.

The Way of the Heart - Henri Nouwen - this is my 4th time through it! one of my favorites.

Religion Saves: & Nine other Misconceptions - Mark Driscoll - just picked this up today, looked interesting.

Addiction & Grace - Gerald May - haven't started reading it yet, but i was drawn to it because of the author. While still living, he was a psychiatrist and spiritual counselor and Senior Fellow in Contemplative Theology and Psychology at the Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation.

1 comment:

Kathy Guy said...

Seth - I hope you'll enjoy Addiction & Grace. it's one that I recommend fairly often. There's one chapter that's fairly technical on the physiology of the mind - for me, it wasn't helpful. However, his concepts are what too many people don't look at in the world of repeated patterns of behavior. I liked it a lot.