Monday, July 13, 2009

The Morning Inspiration

So this morning some friends and I went and ate breakfast at Uptown Kitchen.
I love uptown kitchen! The food there is great! The service is always really good, and I just really like the feel of the inside of the building. It's relaxing to me.
But I'm writing this to tell you specifically about the waitress we had.
Our waitress was awesome!
She told us about how the first date that her and her husband had was at GCC.
They were just looking for something to do on a saturday night and decided to go to church at Granger. She told me they've not stopped coming since then. And that they have invited 9 other people who all now come with them, some of which she said she never expected would even come to church.

To me this woman was inspirational. She was a real encouragement.
It's so incredible to hear about others in the church and how they've come about being a part of GCC. It's truly remarkable to me to hear how they shine the light and love of Christ.

What a privilege it is to be able to serve along side others who have been impacted by what's going on at GCC and who can't contain the love of Christ within themselves and so they have to tell others about Him. It's an honor to be apart of a church with people who understand that Jesus Christ came for the sick and the hurting (Mark 2:17), and that He sends us into the world to bring light to the darkness.
"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20



Father bless them for their faithfulness and devotion. Take them deeper within Yourself. By Your mercy draw them closer to Your heart.

2 comments:

Knuje said...

Pandeism has four specific relationships with the Judeo-Christian Bible.... Firstly, it encompasses and thereby supercedes the Bible as a spiritual explanation for the properties of the Universe; Secondly, it approves and justifies those passages of the Bible that are compatible with the principles of pandeism; Thirdly, it explains and accounts for all witnessed phenomena recounted in the Bible; Fourthly it disproves and disqualifies those elements of the Bible that rely on accounts which do not accord with the logic of pandeism.

Anonymous said...

Seth,
You don't know me and I don't know you except for I go to Bethel and attend GCC when I'm at school. This past winter you moved me when you sang Jason Mraz. You were so into it and you meant you what said and I could see Jesus pouring through you and out into the crowd. You are inspiration and a gem. Keep doing what you're doing.