Thursday, January 22, 2009

So I got asked last minute a few days ago to join in on the weekend festivities here @ GCC and the song they asked me to sing is one I'm quite excited about. It's really funny how everytime the song I get asked to sing that it's one that is something I'm learning about right then, or something I'm going through or need to learn or whatever. It's really cool how in the process of learning the song, it becomes my own, it becomes apart of me and makes my heart beat fast, I grow because of it.
This specific song is from God's point of view and is an inspiring reminder that just fills me with humbleness, joy, excitement, and greater sense of His perfect love for me. It's a good portrayal of the God who is endlessly pursuing us. Oh how it just makes me love Him more.
The song is by a band called "Tenth Avenue North" and it's called "By Your Side"
Downlode it, buy it, borrow it, do what needs to be done to listen to it and let it move you. Seriously, it will move you.
Here are the lyrics:

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm Katie...I work in the Jungle Room at GCC...You don't know me and honestly I don't really know you besides that you have THE most amazing voice I've ever heard, but that's not why I'm commenting this blog. It's because when I heard this song today I felt as though everything had fallen into place...that for one slight moment I knew God's plan for me. I'm not sure what it was...the music, the lyrics, or your passion while singing it but it made me think and I wanted to thank you for that. (By the way, it keeps repeating in my head...)