Thursday, January 8, 2009

Have You Ever Thought About Modeling?

For real, have you ever thought about it?
I'm a model. Have been for quite awhile now.
Actually, you don't even really have to have good looks to do it.
The modeling I'm talking about though, as i'm sure you've figured out by now, is the kind where you realize that people of all sorts are watching you. Its a life you live because you realize that God has called you to His Son's standard of living. It's a life, because if we choose Jesus, then he calls us to be the same person at all times, everywhere, with people or by ourselves. We are at all times His representative.
Some people are looking up to you for how to live, some are watching, waiting for you to make a mistake. It's something I sometimes forget about but also is something I've learned that I do need to keep at the forefront of my mind. It doesn't matter who you are, everyone is called to be a model.
God does put some people in a place where more people are watching, but that doesn't change the same standard of living each of us are called to. God has called each of us to live lives of impact and of transformation. We have been blessed to be a blessing. And I know from personal experience that it's just incredibly hard sometimes to live like Jesus, but then I remember my life is not my own, it's for Christ and the benefit of others. I remember that other people are watching, and maybe, just maybe, someone is struggling and just by watching you they can gain the strength and hope they need to continue on and move from darkness into the light.

...just a reminder, for you and for me.
Thank God for reminders

No comments: