Friday, January 16, 2009

8 Years of Intentional Stepping

Proverbs 20:24 "A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?"

Man was created to be in relationship with his Creator. We aren't truly human until we know Christ. How in the world then can we know what we are supposed to do on this earth unless we've given our lives over to the One who created us; the One who has purposed a perfect plan within each of us. Without Jesus, I can see why people live without hope, I can see why people live without purpose because they don't really have purpose without the One who actually created purpose.

Ephesians 1:7-10 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His purpose, which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth."
So God's purpose, which was made possible through Jesus Christ, planned for when all time reaches it's fulfillment, is that all things in heaven and on earth would be united in Him. And He invites us to join Him in His plan for the redemption of this world, in bringing His creation, His people back to Him. He invites us to live a Way of life that is greater than one lived without Him. The King of the universe wants a relationship with each one of us and longs for us to be apart of what He is doing, how amazing!
One of my most favorite things about the relationship He longs to have with us is that it's a relationship where He won't relent until He has our whole heart, until He has every single part of us; and this is how I think is the way and reasoning in which I keep falling in love over and over and deeper and deeper with Him. It's amazing.

In 2001 I was on a mission trip in Port Au Prince, Haiti. While there, I remember making the life changing choice that I wanted to stop living for my own selfish reasons and give all I had, every single part of me for the rest of my days over to the One who had captivated me and stolen my heart. I considered my life before full devotion to Him, and chose the life that He had promised me, a purposed life, a life that would be so much better and fulfilling than a life ever lived without Him. I took Him up on His adventure and turned more of my steps in His direction.
Psalm 119:59 "I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes."
The Bible says that Christ is our righteousness and that what He did on the cross was sufficent for the washing away of our sins leaving us with the choice of accepting or declining His free gift, which is salvation by faith in His work not by our own workings.
Psalm 85:13 "Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps."
So Christ goes before us and prepares the way. God's plan is already drawn out, and as we seek Christ as the Lord of our life, He guides our steps.
Psalm 37:23-24 "The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in His way."
So God has already planned out for us a purpose, a life of steps, and when we delight ourselves in Him by seeking Him and getting to know His heart, we become more like Him; in doing so, we give reign of our lives over to Christ to guide and lead us.

The past 8 years, only by His grace, have been absolutely beyond words. In those years, God has been building in me a foundation, a sure rock of truth. My life has been being built on Jesus and I've been able to stand on Him through hardships and I've been able to make decisions based on the heart of God and what I know He would want. I look back at my life and see the things God has done and it moves me, it excites me so much. I'm moved to tears, my breath's been taken away countless times because He's come through over and over with what He promised in His word. He said if I would seek Him that I would find Him and that He would guide me, and so I've seeked Him and I've found Him and have been lead by Him over and over and over and over and over. I'm getting chills right now as I think about it because, despite my sinfulness, He has taken me places and used me in ways I could have never imagined beyond my wildest dreams. He has done things in me that I thought were absolutely impossible. He has called me to do things that were the complete opposite of who I thought I was. He has been my light in the darkness, in my weakness He has been strong and used me mightily. And to know that He is here with me even now!, in the good times and bad times with the power to use it all for my good for His glory is beyond my understanding but just sends me back to praising! His faithfulness is perfect and makes me want to worship Him forever. I want nothing less than all of Him. He's given me His all and I want for all my days to give Him my all. Lord, I'm Yours, all Yours all Yours all Yours all Yours.

Psalm 119:1-16
"Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways. You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed. Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands. I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws. I will obey your decrees; do not utterly forsake me. How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word."

3 comments:

sway said...

this is really amazing

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

You're right I did like this post!

GJ said...

It's such a blessing stay strong in the Lord :)