Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Leaving the GCC staff...

In about an hour, word of my leaving staff at Granger Community Church will happen.
So below are some thoughts and hopefully answers to any questions anyone may have.


On my own volition, I've chosen to leave the staff at GCC.
After listening and hearing, and hearing and listening similar words that have lined up with what the Lord told me before I moved to Indiana, I know the decision of leaving staff to be in line with His will for the next phase in life and what He's calling Sarah and I to next.
Let me give you a little context:
I moved to Indiana over 3 years ago for the purpose of getting better at what I believe I'm on earth for. I knew that my time in Indiana would be a season for specific growth in which I knew I'd look back on 10 years from now and know that a lot of who I am is because of those few years in Granger.

The experiences and lessons I have learned while being on staff are invaluable. I have been blessed to work alongside some incredible worship leaders and draw from their wisdom and understanding of what it means to lead God's people in worship. I have worked on a one of a kind, truly amazing team (the Granger Student Ministries Staff) that taught me how each individual brings strengths to the table, and the unity of those strengths truly is expanding the Kingdom. Working with GSM put hands and feet to the truth that I had known but hadn't seen in that depth of action. Watching the students grow in their understanding of what it means to worship the King taught me more than I could have anticipated. I got to be a part of their walk with the Lord, and that is a privilege beyond words. I got to be a part of students experiencing the Living Christ and His grace and mercy and life-changing power, and those moments will forever be some of my most memorable experiences.

It took a very strong and clear word from God to know that it was time to take my next step and leave such and incredible family of believers. While my heart is heavy to leave a church staff I love so deeply, I can move forward because I am more than confident in what God has called me to next. It's because of this confidence that I feel the backing and support of the staff I love so much. And it's because of both my confidence in Christ and the GCC staff's support that I can say that I've never been more excited about the future and all the mind blowing things I believe the Lord has got in store.

After Sarah and I get married this Friday, we will be living here in a season of preparation for the next chapter of our lives. We will still be very much a part of Granger Community Church while we remain here. No matter where the Lord takes us in the future, GCC will always be a place we come back to. We love GCC and are totally behind the vision of the church and the ways it's sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ locally and globally.

Lastly, Sarah and I very much desire and need your prayer support as we make this transition. Thank you so incredibly much for making this experience better and infinitely more rewarding than I could have ever hoped. I love you all immensely.

Pursuing Him at all costs,
Seth Abram Bible

3 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm so excited to see what God has in store for you. I will miss playing music together though. You were so patient with my lack of improve skills. I'm praying for you and Sarah and you better not become strangers now or else...I'll use my teacher voice!!!

Sirdean345 said...

Wow, serving our Lord & Savior requires us to continue to do things outside our comfort zone. It's been amazing to serve with you @ GCC. I will miss you leading worship and your enthusiasm
I am so excited & can hardly wait to see what God has for you & Sarah & how he is going to use you both.
Keep seeking, growing & pressing in.....

Stephanie Lancione said...

Good luck with everything Seth! You will be missed at GCC but we are praying for you! Keep us updated!!