Saturday, March 28, 2009

Reads...

The following are my current reads and why:

Simple Ways (Towards the Sacred
) - Gunilla Norris - a book I read daily to get me in contemplation mode.

The Freedom of a Christian - Martin Luther - a book I'm reading because it was wrote many many years ago by an author who stood up against "religion".

Extravagant Worship - Darlene Zschech - a book I'm about to start reading because I'm a worship leader and Darlene is the founder of Hillsong Worship

When the Heart Waits - Sue Monk Kidd - a book I'm reading because I need to get better at waiting.

The Dialogue - Catherine of Siena - a book I'm reading because the author was the only other woman other than Teresa of Avila to be granted the title of Doctor of the Roman Catholic Church way back in the 1300's.


2 comments:

Heather Stevens said...

what is 'when the heart waits' about...im soooo bad at waiting.....

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Have you read Interior Castle by Teresa of Avila?