Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saturday

What a day yesterday was. I woke up to mow lawns and was scheduled to be in elhart by 10am. Well things went sour and I didn't make it there until 11:30 due to this fact: I went to the gas station and the machine at the pump wouldnt take my card and I had no cash on me but was on E and had been on E the whole day before. So i drove home and picked up some clothes i had planned on returning but just hadnt had the time to do it yet. Well my only choice to get money for gas was now to return these clothes so i drove to the mall and took care of that and finally got some gas and drove to elkhart. So the day didnt start all to well, i was pretty tired still from Innovate the 2 days before, so a few lawn in i was supposed to mow this lawn i had never done before. So i got the direction to the house, parked and got out the mower and started mowing. I was about to finish when out comes this man with a smirk on his face looking like he wanted to talk to me. I i hit pause on the mp3 player, turned off the mower and his words to me were: " hey i think your supposed to be mowing the house next door" to which i said "ooooooooo really,,oh no,,im sorry,,well im about done, you want me to finish up here?" He said yes and we laughed and enjoyed my stupidity and i then finished his lawn.
Then I was on the second to the last lawn when somehow i wasnt paying attention and clipped this lady's sattellite dish. I didnt really even notice until i saw the lady come bursting out the back door pointing and yelling. I looked over at what she was pointing at and saw what I had just done and my spirits dropped, my heart sank inside, I mouthed the words "I'm so sorry" cause i know she couldnt hear me with the mower on.
Anyways, I turned off the mower and kept apologizing and we went inside for a 45 minute deal that did get worked out. Though it was very strange to watch this lady on the phone witht the repair company. I couldnt tell if she was a nice or mean lady. Her conversations on the phone were strange cause they were at the same time, her being nice and mean at the same. It was wierd, she would get really annoyed and then say something nice that was totally different from the look on her face and from what she had just said before, and this went on every conversation. 2 sides of extreme. Anyways, i finished her lawn and then did one more and then drove home to get the $90 it was going to cost to fix the sattellite and then came back to this ladys house where she gave me a hug and asked if i was alright, i guess cause i had this distraught look on my face, probably cause i felt so terrible about it and was practically holding back tears cause everything was mixed with being physically and emotionaly tired... then i petted her cat and proceeded out the door.
I was drained, i felt terrible, and just wanted to go home and sleep but still had to make some calls but my phone still isnt working so i drove to the church to use the phone in the GSM offices. I got out of my truck and before i could take my 3rd step, a little girl yelled at me and said "Hey, youre really cool!" Can i just say, after all that went on in my day, with the way i was feeling, that comment totally made my day. And with friends that i saw and other comments said and the way i was helped and encouraged and cared for once i walked in the doors of the church totally turned everything around...so a huge thanks to everyone. You rock more than you possibly know.
Now i need to find time after 3 big days, really 2 huge weeks, to just stop everything and think and pray and source my self once again deep in Christ.
love love love

3 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Awe Seth. I feel like you need a big hug. I'm sorry you had such a bad day. We'll rock it out today at GSM. Hopefully that will make your weekend a little brighter!

Kristin Baker said...

Aw, so sorry you had a rough day! Thanks again for shakin what your mama gave ya at innovate. I agree with the little girl! You are cool!

Heather Stevens said...

wow..im sorry you had such a bad dayy!!

if i'd of known that maybe i wouldnt have been throwing coins and bobby pins out the window at you and jeff.....maybe? on second thought..no. probably still would have done it :) haha
well hope youre day went better after that and...see you sunday!! and maybe saturday!! :) you're the greatest!!