Thursday, November 11, 2010

Make an Album with Seth Abram Bible

Friends!

For as long as I've been striving to humbly play music there have been many encouraging voices telling me I should do it for a living and record a cd. The whole time it's been very clear to me from the Lord that I wasn't supposed to put "all my cards" on the music table. Yet. Until A couple months ago I wrote a blog informing all of you of my decision to leave staff at GCC.
That was the starting point to the new path that Sarah and I believe we are being led down now as we seek and trust and put our faith and complete hope in Christ. That was the first outward change of obedience in what He'd been stirring in my heart for years. The Lord's word over my life that had previously been "stay, wait, learn," changed to "this wait is over, go." I heard Him say that it was time. Time to go all in and move forward in this new adventure.
So I really believe this is us, the Bibles, in obedience to His will and call on our lives for the next season of transformation. I believe He calls us all to the things that are bigger than us, the things that we literally can't do without Him. And believe me, I'm lost without Him in this.
This new direction is bigger than any other things He's called me to yet, though I've seen and felt His equipping in the past with similar things, so we have much confidence!
We've never ever been more excited about the future.
Which is why I want to inform you now that my first studio recording is in the making, and very soon! Which is also why I am writing this post. I need YOUR help!

Here are just a few ways:

Prayer. Seriously, I only want to make this cd if it's going to reach people, and stir in their hearts, and inspire and move them. And whether or not I'm singing a song about my wife or life or the Lord, I don't want the music to just be strictly melodies and rhythm. I want there to be His hand and power in every one of the tracks.
Pray for:
  • Our time in the recording studio- Pray that such an intricate process involving musicians, sound engineers, producers etc. will run smoothly, quickly and with purpose.
  • Distribution- As the CD is completed, pray that the Lord will open doors to distribute the album far and wide.
  • Shows- Pray that each show will be filled with people and every word I speak will be encouraging and life giving.
  • Sarah and I- We're newlyweds! and we really need the grace of God to continue on this crazy and exciting journey.
Finances- The recording is going to cost upwards of $20,000 and without the backing of a record label, we have to come up with that on our own.
Shaun Groves says "there really is no such thing as an independent artist," and I agree with Him. This is a partnership between you and I.
I'm so largely dependent on you! We've made it really easy to give online, by utilizing a website called kickstarter. It gives us 75 days to raise half of the project's budget, $10,500. We will only receive the money if the full amount is pledged. The deadline is February 3, 2011, the same day that the money would be deducted from your account. To give, visit our website:

Friends, thank you so very much from the depths of Sarah and I's hearts. We thank you for your support and love and care and encouragement. We honestly can't do this without you.

Seth Abram Bible


No comments: